Bethel Lutheran Church has faithfully followed Jesus since it was organized as a congregation on October 12, 1856. A 150th Anniversary Celebration was held in 2006! The first Bethel Building was built in Cicero, Indiana and completed in 1864. This served as the church site, until the new church was constructed at 222 E. Jackson St. in Cicero. This facility was dedicated in October of 1930.
In 1932, the Olive Branch Lutheran Church, organized in 1895, merged withBethel Lutheran Church. Four years later, 1936, the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church, organized in 1837, also merged with Bethel. Additional growth prompted the construction of an educational wing in 1966.
In 1994, because of limited space for expansion, Bethel acquired land at the corner of 206th & Cumberland Rd., on the north edge of Noblesville. The Cicero church building was sold and still serves the Cicero Community as the "Bethel Office Building."
Construction of a new 12,000 square foot facility, was begun in 1997. A Mission Builders team and many Bethel volunteers assisted the General Contractor with the construction. This new church was dedicated in October of 1998; today it still serves as our Bethel church building and location.
Rapid growth developed at the new site, so more educational space quickly became crucial! The congregation decided to undertake building a new educational wing, more than doubling the original church size, and “ground breaking” for this new educational facility was held on June 3, 2007. The new educational building was dedicated on September 21, 2008, and is the center for our education program today.
Bethel Lutheran Church & Christian Education Building
206th & Cumberland Rd., Noblesville, IN 46062
Bethel's Christian Education Building